Previously, Nikita worked at Big Four companies. He graduated from Lomonosov Moscow State University with a bachelor's and master's degree in jurisprudence. He also completed a professional retraining program in accounting of commercial organizations at the National Research University Higher School of Economics.
Nikita specializes in the analysis and management of tax risks, pre-trial and court settlement of tax disputes.
Projects completed by Nikita include:
- Analysis of tax risks related to the client's participation in the intra-group financing system (cash pooling)
- Supporting the client in the pre-inspection analysis with regard to the issue of eligibility of expense accounting/application of VAT deductions in transactions with technical companies
- Support of the client during the tax audit and pre-trial settlement of the dispute with the tax authorities regarding application of reduced withholding tax rate with respect to dividends paid to a foreign shareholder (the Republic of Cyprus)
- Support of the client during the tax audit of the validity of expense accounting/application of VAT deductions for transactions with technical companies
- Support of the client in pre-trial settlement of the dispute with the tax authorities regarding write-off of commodity losses
"We welcome Nikita Zharov to the Tax Compliance team! We are glad to have a specialist with such experience among our team. I am sure that together we will be able to further improve the expertise of our company and develop new competences", said Mikhail Begunov, Managing Partner of Tax Compliance.